If you’re already hopping, welcome! You should have just come from Georgia’s blog.
I used the emboss resist technique on my card. Here's the steps to recreate this card:
- Stamp the long flower border two times with Versamark Watermark ink on our White Daisy paper and heat embossed it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder.
- Apply ink to the paper strip using sponge wedges and sponge daubers to apply ink over the embossed areas.
- Start with Crème Brulee, (lightest color first!), followed by Honey & Sunset.
- Distress the edges of the strip of cardstock with our Edge Distresser
- Ink the edges heavily with Sunset.
- Rub over the embossed area with a tissue to remove any ink so the flowers were bright white again.
- Stamp the sentiment on the bottom of the card base in Sunset ink
- Adhere the strip to the card base.
- Add Bitty Sparkles!
Give this technique a try: I suggest keeping it confined to a 2” strip of paper makes it very easy. (A whole card will be a lot of work). I prepared this card as part of a consultant workshop this spring and it was fast & easy. It was much faster than any of the cards that required detail scissor cutting that night. Some of the fancy cut card ended up going home in baggies to be finished another day!
This set is available only in June. It’s $17.95 or just $5 with a $50 purchase. You can order your set now or keep on hopping!
Hop on over to Wanda’s blog to see the next creation using this very same stamp!